But guess what? Blindly copying the tactics that worked for other people won’t help you or your business.
Let’s talk about how marketing actually works
Digital marketing is a changing and dynamic field but there are some fundamentals you can learn that will help you regardless of what the latest technology or trend is.
Experimentation and shiny new things can help with short spurts of growth, but sustainable marketing is founded in basic principles and processes that can be used to build short and long term marketing strategies. These strategies are what lead to actual, repeated growth for your business and its bottom line.
That’s right, the key here is your marketing strategy.
The thing that no one tells you is that tactics are easy to sell. People love to take action and get fast results, thus tactics are what they want. But guess what? When someone tries to convince you on how well a tactic has worked for them they don’t tell you one very important thing – their strategy. Because tactics only work in conjunction with a strategy – this is exactly why when we try out the exact same tactic our results are not the same. Thus you are only given half the story, the other half, the strategy half is up to you.
The good news is that marketing is best done when you don’t do “all” the things. In fact, great results come from crafting a marketing strategy and choosing tactics and techniques that actually achieve the goals you have set and the audience you want to talk to.
“My biggest learning from working with Lisa is I now know who my customers are!”
— Stacey Clare
What is a digital marketing strategy?
Any good marketer would NOT be using a scattershot approach for their marketing activities. Jumping from tactic to shiny new platform to a cookie cutter hack is not how you move the needle on your growth. Especially in this fast paced digital environment good marketers know that you build the plan first and choose the tactics second.
A digital marketing strategy will allow you to focus, plan, execute and measure to grow your business and increase sales.
Getting your digital marketing working for you
You don’t have to become a marketer yourself you just need to apply some core principles and processes that help you approach and focus your marketing plan so it achieves the results you desire and doesn’t overwhelm you every day.
My Digital Marketing Packages have helped people rethink their marketing so they:
- Now understand how their marketing efforts all fit together and have a strong reason for every channel and tactic they choose.
- Understand that throwing tactics at the wall and hoping something sticks is not a good use of their time or money.
- Know that business strategy leads the marketing strategy.
- Create a strategy to not only give them focus but one that helps them measure their results and allows their marketing to improve.
- Realise that different businesses need different marketing strategies (hence tactics) and so we can’t all do the same things as the “gurus” to be successful.
- Understand that marketing is communication and it doesn’t have to be sleazy or manipulative to get people to buy.
- They understand their values must align with the communication methods.
Here’s how the Digital Marketing Packages work
A $1800 Digital Marketing Package not only helps discover where your business is getting stuck in everyday marketing activities that are not helping growth, but will receive a plan of attack and actions on how to solve that.
- You will complete my questionnaire and make a time to talk (via Skype) about your business and what you are seeking to change.
- You will then complete in conjunction with me an assessment of your current marketing activities, brand and audience: a deep-dive into what is happening right now.
- Together we will then assess your business objectives and start to build a marketing strategy for your needs. This will be done across three x 1 hour sessions or one x 3 hour session depending on preference and availability.
- Then, we spend an additional 2 hour session to create a clear plan to work towards your marketing goals, key performance indicators, measures and next steps to get your marketing working more effectively as soon as possible.
- After the 2 hour session, I will document what was discussed and add additional resources and recommend next steps as required.
- Finally, a week later, we’ll have a follow-up 1 hour call to discuss any questions about next steps, so that you can start to implement your plan immediately.
Availability is limited, and making sure I can serve each client to the fullest is important to me. So if a Digital Marketing Package sounds right for you please contact me here so we can talk about your business and needs:
Who am I?
My name is Lisa and I have come to digital marketing from a background in digital strategy and a need to make my first business work. I now teach digital marketing at General Assembly and want to help you understand how much simpler marketing can be.
When I built my first business I had a hard time figuring out how to create a steady stream of customers, trusting in my decisions and building my business into a brand that had a steady income. I was overwhelmed with information and helpful advice but had no way to fit it all together. By building that business over 4 years from scratch and then selling it before I started working as a Business Strategist I learned what was marketing efforts were important and how to level-up in order to create a successful community and a steady income. I took the information that worked in conjunction with the marketing principles I had learned in my digital career (including being head of SEO at a media company) to create marketing strategies that worked in small business.
From those principles I have developed my Digital Marketing Packages to help you figure out what you should be focusing on, what tactics you will use to do that, what you should measure and how those measures will help you get better so you can meet your marketing goals and build a brand you are proud of.
I strongly believe in making sure your marketing reflects your business values. Manipulative marketing tactics are to be avoided and called out. And not following a “this worked for me you should try it too approach”.
I also love to work from the high-level strategy right down to the tactical micro-tasks to ensure you have a plan you can execute. My various jobs in government, corporate, media, product development, community building and the startup space have given me ample examples of how good marketing works.
Are you unsure if a Digital Marketing Package is right for you?
I am of course always happy to chat and guide you towards what might be the next step in your business’s marketing needs. The Digital Marketing Packages can be done for new and old businesses. However, a good understanding of your business objectives and audience are ideal.
Contact me today and we can start making your marketing more valuable and successful.
“After working with Lisa we had the confidence to make some significant changes to our business structure and product offerings. We also think about and implement our marketing in a whole new way.”
— Rosemary Allsopp, Web Directions