Blogging community and a Liebster Award
It is always nice to be part of a fun and dynamic community, and as I have become more engrossed in blogging through Puppy Tales and now Lisa Kate it has been wonderful to meet so many people online that have become friends.
Next week I am flying up to the Gold Coast to meet a few more people at Problogger (exciting!!) but today I wanted to spread the blog love after being nominated for a Liebster Award by the amazing Rachel of Nourish! The Liebster Award is a fun way to give some shout-outs to blogs you love and discover some new ones along the way. You also get to answer some questions and find out more about each other.
So, Rach, here are my answers for your 10 questions:
1. Imagine if you had a month to live: how would you spend it?
With my family, friends and pets in and around my home town of Sydney. When it comes down to it everything is about your relationships with those that are close to you. Of course we would also be eating and drinking a hell of a lot of great food and wine 🙂
2. What song best describes you and your personality?
This is super hard. Lots of the songs I like I don’t think describe me at all. And right now the only songs on high rotation in our house are Watermelon and The Gum Tree Family, so I need to think back to prehistoric times here. I think a song I like for its sentiment is You gotta Be by Des’ree. “Listen as your day unfolds, challenge what the future holds” baby!
3. Chocolate, Strawberry or Vanilla?
While I love them all Vanilla is my go-to flavour, I just enjoy its simplicity.
4. What’s your dream holiday destination?
Right now: Japan! I’ve been once but want to go again and travel beyond Tokyo this time. I love the culture and the amazing food. Plus they are just crazy about cute stationery and dogs!
5. Which song always gets you on the dance floor?
Whitney Houston’s ‘I Wanna Dance with Somebody’! I love that I now have a three year old who also holds a hairbrush and belts it out with me while we dance around our living room.
6. Which item of clothing (or pair of shoes) in your closet could you never part with?
When I get a chance I love cleaning out my wardrobe and nothing is sacred. That being said I have a growing collection of the kid’s clothes like their first hat, pair of socks, and shoes that I just can’t part with.
7. Best high school memory?
Sitting with my friends in our year 12 common room madly chatting and laughing through our lunch breaks. Year 12 was such an amazing time as it was the end of school but the start of the rest of your life!
8. Who would star as you in a movie about your life?
I am going to say Drew Barrymore for no other reason than I like her.
9. What super power do you secretly wish you had?
Okay this might sound like I am not aiming high but I truly wish I could read books just by touching them. I have so many books right now that I want to read but no time ahhhh… Okay, maybe my super power should be stopping time to read books?
10. If you could go back in time and live in a different era, which would you choose and why?
This is hard as I am really grateful for the era we live in right now. And while I do LOVE Pride and Prejudice I think living as a woman in that time would have frustrated the hell out of me. I am going to say back to the 50s so I could meet my grandparents who died before I was born.
In no particular order, the 10 bloggers I nominate are:
Jane, Emerald & Ella
Christine, Brunch with my Baby
Amy, Happy Mama
Sophie, Small to TALL
Irena, Eat Drink Paleo
Amy, Daughters of Eccentricity
Helena, Toby Wigglebottom
Renee, Little Girls with Great Big Dreams
Erica, Erica Rax
Arienne, Arienne Gorlach
Here are my ten questions for you lovely ladies!
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What was your favourite childhood memory?
- If you could eat any food, all day/every day, what would it be?
- If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What is your go-to accessory?
- What was your first pet and his/her name?
- What’s your favourite meal to cook?
- What is your biggest problem/challenge when it comes to blogging?
- Are you a planner? Or are you spontaneous?
What to do next:
- Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
- Create 10 questions for nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees.
The blogs listed above and the women behind them are awesome, so go check them out! Thanks Rach for your nomination x